What Is A Video Email Signature?
- A digital equivalent to a business card.
- A video placed in the body of your email message alongside your signature that communicates more about you, your role, or what you have to offer.
Reasons Why You Need A Video Email Signature
1. A way to develop rapport
- It sets proper expectations for how you will work together.
- Gives them a peek at what your company culture is.
- Provides a quick introduction.
2. You can be memorable
- Can be the difference between winning new business.
- Strengthens you and your brand.
3. A referral tool
- It will be easy for a contact to share your video email signature.
- Less likely to be misplaced like most business cards.
4. Can be your CTA
- Whatever that message is, make it actionable, easy, and obvious.
- It can be your ‘final say.’
What Should You Put In Your Video?
Just remember what your purpose is
- Is it your organization’s brand? Your own personal charm? A quick overview of a complex product?
- Tell a story about yourself and empathize with your viewer.
- Talk about who you are, detail your professional responsibilities, and show off your organization.
- Are you launching a new product? BIg event? Add them in your video.
- Showcase your deals and make your customers want more.
- Explain your product or service.
- Efficient way to get the point of your business offering across.
- It can save your customers time and effort of navigating all the way to your site.
- A great way to push deals to close.
- Quick and concise.
- Provides them with the information they need to make a confident leap from prospect to customer.
How Do You Make A Video Email Signature
Record your video
- Make sure your video is personalized.
- You don’t need expensive devices, your smartphone is already perfect.
- One option is to do a screen recording.
- Let your personality shine through.
- This is an opportunity to create a human connection.
- Keep it short. Less than one minute.
Create your thumbnail
- This will entice your customers to click the thumbnail and watch your video.
- You can take a screenshot of a frame in your video and resize it to thumbnail size.
- Or create your own thumbnail from scratch.
Add the video to your signature
- You can create it through Google Docs.
- Copy and paste it to your email (Outlook, Apple Mail, or Gmail).
- Start using your new video email signature.