What Is Live Streaming?
- Lets you watch, create and share videos in real-time.
- It’s the use of live video that’s broadcast to an audience via the internet.
- Can be accessible to anyone on the web-based on how and where you set it up.
- Popular live-streaming apps include Facebook Live, Instagram Live stories, Twitch TV (often used by the gaming community), House Party, and Tik Tok.
- Some live streams can be private. For example, video conferencing, like Skype or Zoom. Only accessible via invite.
Why Is Live Streaming Popular?
- Viewing live streams lets people connect with their favorite live streamers.
- An excellent tool for people to create an identity and develop confidence and communication skills.
- Allows people to connect with others with similar interests, views, experiences.
- Live streamers can also receive financial rewards through a gift from their audience.
What Is Facebook Live Streaming?
- A feature on Facebook that allows you to record events, performances, and gatherings on Facebook in real-time. Viewers can watch from a phone, computer, or connected TV.
- Interactive features like reactions, shares, comments enable you to engage with your audience and vice versa.
- An incredible way to reach a massive audience and is 100% free.
How To Grow Your Email List Through Facebook Live?
1. Craft Your Lead Magnet
- Create an enticing offer.
- EXAMPLE: Special Recipe, Checklists, Travel Guide, eBook, Planner
2. Choose a topic related to your niche (or offer) and craft a headline.
- Most important lead magnet is your title.
- Don’t skip quality content topics.
- Share a story
- Appeal to emotions
- Make sure it contains a clear, concise benefit statement. Ask yourself, ‘Why should I enter my email address?’ or ‘What’s in it for me?’
3. Draw attention to your Call to Action in (and around) your video.
- Build a good landing page.
- Include a link to your opt-in form in the video description and in any of your replies to the comments.
4. Promote your Facebook Live in advance.
- Let your audience know about your live video.
- It will greatly improve the number of views you get.
- Promote across social media channels (most importantly your business page for more publicity).
- Include the date and time.
- Use email marketing or paid ads.
5. Use pinned comments.
- Add links and pin it on the comment section so your viewers will immediately see the link.
6. Mention your lead magnet at least three times throughout your live stream.
- It will draw attention to your offers and entice people to click through.
7. Share your live stream.
8. Repurpose your videos.
- Facebook saves your live video after you stop streaming.
- Upload it to YouTube and Instagram.