Why Use Video As A Tool For Marketing?
- Brands now use video to connect and identify with their target audience by – creating communities, capturing the attention of potential consumers, and informing and explaining their products or services.
- Nearly two-thirds of shoppers say online video has given them ideas and inspiration for their purchase.
- More than 90% of these folks say that they’ve discovered new products and brands via YouTube
Idea 1 - Holiday Fun Fact Video
- Create a video of share-worthy fun facts and trivia that your target audience will find interesting.
- Research exciting tidbits about some pieces from your holiday collection.
EXAMPLE: National Geographic Kids shared an interesting fact about 50 Million crabs that annually migrate to Christmas Island in Australia.
Idea 2 - Holiday Prank Video
- Celebrate the holidays on a more hilarious note by planning and executing an epic prank video for your company.
- Make sure that this is done delicately out of harmless fun.
- Brainstorm with your team and come up with something that everyone would love to watch.
EXAMPLE: Give each of your family a terrible present.
Idea 3 - Holiday Travel Vlog
- Think of the essence of your company to see if items from your holiday range can be of interest to travel enthusiasts.
- Consider a collaboration with several travel bloggers/vloggers to feature one of your brand’s products on their holiday trips.
EXAMPLE: Holiday packing rituals featuring some of the company’s products.
Idea 4 - Holiday Recipe Video
- You can feature several easy homemade recipes for your brand’s video channel for particular holidays.
- This is a perfect way to stimulate the thoughts of a holiday meal that your customers may like.
EXAMPLE: Christmas Special Recipe
Idea 5 - Holiday Pet Video
- You can feature video clips of entertaining animals (your pet) doing crazy things over the holidays.
EXAMPLE: Dogs getting excited over a Christmas present.
Idea 6 - Holiday (Year-end) Recap Video
- Perfect opportunity to recap your company highlights during the holidays.
- Share your company achievements, milestones, and major news from the whole year.
EXAMPLE: Compile a list of stories and events that impacted the people and your audience.
Idea 7 - Holiday Greeting Video
- Create a little holiday greeting video to welcome the start of the occasion.
- Leave a sincere and thoughtful message on your holiday video.
EXAMPLE: Use well-known songs that will ignite holiday nostalgia.
Idea 8 - Holiday Life Hack Video
- Create a twist on the usual hack videos and add some holiday touch into it.
- This is a brilliant opportunity to gain brand recall.
EXAMPLE: Switch roles with your kids and let your kids do the life hack.
Things To Remember
- Brainstorm and keep your ideas clear.
- Build on other people’s ideas.
- Be creative and go outside the box.
- Address the right information for the right holiday.
- Keep it simple.
- There are no dumb ideas.