What Is Email Marketing?
- A highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers.
- A fast, flexible, and cost-effective way of reaching new customers and retaining existing customers.
- It involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations.
Why Include Videos?
- Video is an extremely popular medium in marketing.
- Can engage your subscribers and increase your conversions.
- Allows you to tap into the imagination of an audience that absorbs information visually.
- Can lead to a 300% increase in email click-through rates.
Ways To Use Videos
1. Display company culture with a video
- You can subtly promote your products within a display of company culture.
- You can film a short video of the product’s daily value if you can to bring attention to your new product launch.
- Bring them straight to your YouTube channel.
2. Announce a product launch
- Let your existing subscribers know first.
- Dedicated customers can express their interest in the product and bring in that word-of-mouth marketing.
3. Send a newsletter with a video
- Video embeds can catch up with subscribers on the content they may have missed.
- Include a video in your newsletter with a corresponding blog post about what significant event happened in your company recently.
4. Don’t forget to include video in your subject line
- Try including “Video” or a corresponding emoji in your subject line to entice subscribers to open it.
- Embed the video in the email in a place that keeps readers interested.
- Placing it near the end invites readers to keep reading to better understand the video.
5. Bonus content
- Using emails to give subscribers bonus content.
- If you recently had an interview with a famous influencer from your niche, provide your customers with teaser videos.
- Add links to the full video.
6. Enable autoplay without sound
- When viewers click your thumbnail in the email, they’ll expect the video to play instantly.
- Viewers get frustrated when they are redirected from another site just to watch the video.
7. Add GIFs to your marketing emails.
- Short and sweet almost always wins.
- Cutting the video altogether may be the best move.
- Can be easily inserted into your email template.
8. Add video captions
- Most videos these days are watched with the sound off.
- Make sure your video has captions so that they can still get the message.
Kinds of Emails to Put Video In
- Targeted emails
- Event invites
- Event follow-ups
- Customer communications
- Email signatures
- The more personalized your videos, the better.
You can use videos to:
- provide news roundups
- advertise events
- provide event follow-up
- explain products
- announce a new release
- offer a tutorial.
- Pick the right video marketing platform to make your work easier.