Purpose of Demo videos in companies
- Showcasing your product to prospective and existing customers
- Explain the product’s key features and benefits
- Provide a blueprint for how to demo the product
Why use Demo Videos?
- Powerful sales tools
- Unique opportunity to demonstrate the value of your product
Things to consider in creating a demo video
- Identify the goal.
- Determine your audience.
- Set a budget (and a timeline)
- Decide between in-house or agency.
- Structure your video.
- Choose between animation and live-action.
- Write a script.
- Create a marketing plan.
Mistakes to avoid in making a demo video
Mistake #1: Picking the Wrong Music
- The music you pick is a direct reflection of your brand, and it should be looked at the same way as your organization’s voice and tone.
Mistake #2: Not Putting Enough Attention Into The Final Review
Step 1: Review every second
Step 2: Review any and all text
Step 3: Review the audio without watching the video
Step 4: Review the video without listening to the audio
Step 5: Have people within your organization review
Step 6: Have people outside of your organization review
Mistake #3: Not Defining Scope of Project
You need to have a clear understanding of what you want to accomplish and how you plan on getting there.
What makes a good demo video.
Start with a script
The quality of the script can make or break you.
Focus on the opening
You have only about 8 to 12 seconds to get a viewer’s attention.
Keep it short
Users just don’t have that kind of patience online.
How to make a product demo video
Step 1: Plan your demo video
- Failing to plan is planning to fail
Step 2: Describe the product
- Provide a high- level introduction to what your product does but keep it brief.
Step 3: Provide a solution
- While it can be tempting to focus exclusively on features, be sure to call out the problem that your product can solve for your audience.
Step 4: Show how the product works
- Demonstrate the product in action.
Step 5: At the end of the video, provide a clear, specific next step for your audience to take, such as:
- Download a trial
- Request more information
- Buy Now