What Are Recruitment Videos?
- A video for attracting candidates to a role.
- Could be one general video about an open position.
- Or a one-to-one video message to someone who you think is a perfect fit.
- The perfect tool for filling niche roles in a talent market like today’s.
Benefits of Recruitment Videos
- Speeds up time to hire
- Creates a better candidate experience
- Reduces cost to hire
- Showcases company culture
- Builds more trust with candidates
- Inserts emotion into an otherwise formal process
- Increases retention with top performers
- Increases referrals in a crowded talent pool
Four Types of Videos for Recruiting
1. General Announcement Recruiting Videos
- Explain why your company is such a great employer in a format that’s more likely to be noticed.
- You can make general announcement videos feel personal with video personalization.
2. Culture Videos
- Any video that shows off your company’s personality.
- Can feature a montage of team events, interviews about what it’s like to work there or recount the company’s history.
3. Open Job Posting Videos
- You could make one video about multiple postings, or one video for each posting.
- Feature the CEO or the hiring manager.
- The greatest advantage to open job posting recruitment videos is the reach.
- You can increase your applicant network awareness by 10 times.
4. One-to-One Candidate Videos
- Record and send a personal video directly to a candidate.
- Allows you to be candid and ramble a little without fear of being misinterpreted.
- Speak directly to them, as if you were there in-person
- Start with whatever’s most likely to interest them
- Use personal details so they know it’s not just a generic recording
- If discussing sensitive information, password-protect your videos
Ways and Tips That HR Can Engage and Hire Top Talent
- Video Branding
- Improve with analytics
- Use personalized videos to get talents
- Enhancing recruitment videos
- Use interactive video elements to conduct candidate assessment
- Mark out the most engaged candidates
- Easy grasp of culture fit
- Share video interview
- Increase application rates with calls to action
- Store and repurpose videos
How to Write a Recruiting Video Script
Answer these questions:
- Why should the candidate be interested?
- Why are you interested in the candidate?
- What do they need to know about this opportunity? (E.g. Urgency, many applicants)
- How can they take action?
How to Get Started with Recruitment Videos
- Your smartphone or computer and the will to record.
- USE DUBB!!