- According to Research, our attention span has markedly decreased in just 15 years.
- Scientists reckon we now have shorter attention spans than goldfish.
Identified Emerging Trends for Marketers
- Marketers need to go beyond with people at a deeper, emotional level.
- That brief 10-15 seconds advertisement that plays before the start of your YouTube video attempts to convey a powerful message in an extremely short span of time. One of the thumb rules for marketers in such a scenario is the 3-5-7 rule.
- Three seconds to get someone’s attention.
- Five seconds, once you get their attention, draw them in.
- Seven seconds to compel the customer, compete with their competition and cut through the clutter.
- Harnessing the power of AI to ease the decision-making process.
- Take cognizance of the fact that how the former makes a product/service more relatable by keeping it real.
Tips To Hold Attention
- Be clear in your messaging.
- Focus on UX and ease of navigation. Make it easy.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Appeal to consumer desires by telling stories.
- Use rich media like video - make the first 8 seconds attention-grabbing.
Why People Will Eventually Get Sick of You
- People just don’t want to pay attention to you all the time.
- A phenomenon called “the attention ceiling” means that even if you publish five totally amazing blog posts in a week, probably only one or two of them will be runaway hits.
How Does Content Marketing Really Work?
- You make content
- Humans click
- If they like, they will remember
- Maybe they will browse more and visit again
- You build trust and relationship with humans
- Once they need your product, they will come back.
Ways To Grab Attention
- The idea of the’ unknown’ demands the attention of our brain.
- Demonstrate contrast.
- Inspire emotion.
- Present information in a logical, sequential pattern.
- Improve the quality of what you are showing.
- People don’t read. They scan. Plan accordingly.
- Show examples.
- Website speed matters.