Stop my videos from being downloaded

I am looking to set my videos that I embed onto my site so that they can not be simply right click and downloaded. At present I am on a paid account of dubb, but inside privacy section there appears no way to set a video truly private so people cannot simply download from my site. Is there anything that can be added to the embed code to disable right click on videos uploaded to dubb?

many thanks

Hi @norfolkfxtrader Do you mean that someone right mouse clicks, inspects the elements, locates the MP4 file in the code, and then downloads it from there? Or do you mean the built-in options to allow video download?

Can you share a URL with an example of this?

Thanks

Basically, I’m talking about someone can either right click the video and select download a video, or they click inspect page elements and simply click the url of the video on dubb and then just download as well.

I am only referring to right click on the video itself not download feature you can turn on in dubb player.

As example this video on this page- https://members-area.norfolkfxtrader.com/masterclass/

Soon as the video is started and you right click using google chrome incognito mode you can download the video, I don’t know if you provide this private settings to stop this as other providers do.

Thanks

No ideas?

Still looking to stop videos being downloaded from embedded onto my site using dubb. So far no answer to someone simply right click on a dubb video and click download instantly from website on any browser?

Yes - I wondered teh same. I’ve looked at private video hosting (as I belive it’s called ). Have the Dubb support team been asked this I wonder? It would be a great help! All good wishes, Irene

Are you just trying to stop the low hanging fruit downloaders? So easy to download any video now. Screen recording software, view source, inspect in dev tools etc.

To prevent downloading Dubb would need HLS video encryption (so that if a basic download attempt is made the user would only get a small snippet of the video and not the whole thing). Dubb does not appear to offer that.

You may consider uploading your video for embedding to another platform that supports that such as Wista, Vimeo Pro, Spotlightr, or Publitio <=currently running a deal

Even if Dubb did offer these features, the most determined users would still be able to download your videos, but it would stop the masses.