What Is LinkedIn?
- LinkedIn is a social media platform specifically designed for career and business professionals to connect.
- Many professionals use LinkedIn to cultivate their careers and businesses.
- LinkedIn is about building strategic relationships.
- It is ideal for building a larger network for the purpose of gaining resources, finding freelance work or clients, and building alliances and partnerships.
What Can You Do With LinkedIn?
- Showcase your unique professional story through experience, skills, and education.
- Organize offline events, join groups, write articles, post photos and videos.
- Display your resume, search for jobs, and enhance your professional reputation
Different Types of LinkedIn Videos
1. LinkedIn Native Videos
- Any video content uploaded directly to your personal profile or company page.
- LinkedIn native video autoplay in-feed, which is more likely to grab attention.
- Shared organically among your network, along with a description (700 characters max for posts on your company page).
- Can be anywhere from three seconds to 10 minutes in length, with a maximum file size of 5GB.
- Allows you to upload both horizontal and vertical videos, but LinkedIn will crop those vertical videos into a square on their newsfeed.
2. Embedded Videos
- Shared from a third-party video platform like YouTube. LinkedIn, like pretty much every social channel.
- However, LinkedIn native videos tend to be a more effective strategy.
3. LinkedIn Video Ads
- Are sponsored company videos that appear in the LinkedIn feed.
- Greater potential to increase brand awareness, brand consideration, and lead generation.
- Typically served to a larger, more targeted audience.
- Can be as short as three seconds and can run for up to 30 minutes.
- You can choose to sponsor an existing post.
- Video ads must be horizontal — vertical videos are currently not a supported part of sponsored content.
- LinkedIn allows you to add a headline and set up an A/B test with the headline and description text.
4. LinkedIn Live
- A new video broadcasting feature, currently only available in beta to select members and pages.
- Allows LinkedIn members to interact with their followers in real-time.
- Viewers are able to submit comments and questions, which the host can respond to live.
- Includes an option for private streaming, allowing hosts to choose select members to join the video without distributing it publicly.
5. LinkedIn Stories
- Just like Facebook and Instagram stories.
- LinkedIn Stories videos remain visible for one week within the playlist but remain permanently visible on the sharer’s profile page.