The Fundamentals of LinkedIn Videos that You Should Know

What Is LinkedIn?

• LinkedIn is a social media platform specifically designed for career and business professionals to connect.
  • Many professionals use LinkedIn to cultivate their careers and businesses.
  • LinkedIn is about building strategic relationships.
  • It is ideal for building a larger network for the purpose of gaining resources, finding freelance work or clients, and building alliances and partnerships.

What Can You Do With LinkedIn?

• Showcase your unique professional story through experience, skills, and education.
  • Organize offline events, join groups, write articles, post photos and videos.
  • Display your resume, search for jobs, and enhance your professional reputation

Different Types of LinkedIn Videos

1. LinkedIn Native Videos

• Any video content uploaded directly to your personal profile or company page.
  • LinkedIn native video autoplay in-feed, which is more likely to grab attention.
  • Shared organically among your network, along with a description (700 characters max for posts on your company page).
  • Can be anywhere from three seconds to 10 minutes in length, with a maximum file size of 5GB.
  • Allows you to upload both horizontal and vertical videos, but LinkedIn will crop those vertical videos into a square on their newsfeed.

2. Embedded Videos

• Shared from a third-party video platform like YouTube. LinkedIn, like pretty much every social channel.
  • However, LinkedIn native videos tend to be a more effective strategy.

3. LinkedIn Video Ads

• Are sponsored company videos that appear in the LinkedIn feed.
  • Greater potential to increase brand awareness, brand consideration, and lead generation.
  • Typically served to a larger, more targeted audience.
  • Can be as short as three seconds and can run for up to 30 minutes.
  • You can choose to sponsor an existing post.
  • Video ads must be horizontal — vertical videos are currently not a supported part of sponsored content.
  • LinkedIn allows you to add a headline and set up an A/B test with the headline and description text.

4. LinkedIn Live

• A new video broadcasting feature, currently only available in beta to select members and pages.
  • Allows LinkedIn members to interact with their followers in real-time.
  • Viewers are able to submit comments and questions, which the host can respond to live.
  • Includes an option for private streaming, allowing hosts to choose select members to join the video without distributing it publicly.

5. LinkedIn Stories

• Just like Facebook and Instagram stories.
  • LinkedIn Stories videos remain visible for one week within the playlist but remain permanently visible on the sharer’s profile page.

I find that it is interesting that I have linkedin live and have broadcast over 400 times and I still don’t have stories.
Fascinating and thanks for sharing the details and areas that you can use Video in Linkedin.

Also a fun fact if you didn’t know it.
You can record and open a Dubb video on your phone and then select preview in browser, then open a comment in a Linkedin post and then you create a reply and then past the Dubb link into the comment,
Wait a few moments and then post the reply.

Boom, Your video will show up in the comments and link back to your Dubb video.

It’s a very cool hack that can either inspire or frustrate the original poster.

Use it sparingly as to avoid it being turned off.

Here is an example:

I posted an article on the challenges of not being able to post videos from some of my favorite providers.

Love to get some feedback from the team,

Enjoy the day,
Russ