What Is a How-To Video?
- It is a video that shows viewers the steps needed to complete a task in order.
- This format is one of the most popular ways to teach viewers.
- At the end of the video, the viewer should be able to take the same steps and accomplish what they set out to learn.
Why Is It Popular?
- When people need to learn a new skill, their first move is usually to check Google and start searching “How to (insert skill I need to know)”
- Everyone has something to teach!
- Videos show and tell.
- People prefer to watch, rather than read.
- It’s so much easier to watch a video that both visually shows a process and also walks a viewer through the steps.
- Video builds trust, which is why it leads to generating sales.
How To Make A How-To Video?
- Decide what niche you would like to focus on.
- Brainstorm ideas related to your topic.
- Look for related videos on YouTube or get ideas from the internet.
- Make sure to add a few of your original content.
- Create a topic outline.
- Prepare all the things that you need to show in your video.
- Start recording.
- Speak the language of your niche.
- Edit your videos.
- Add overlay texts.
- Use appropriate background music.
- Upload and share your video.
What Are Some Examples?
1. Explainer Videos
- Focuses on the “why” question as well as the “how.”
- A short description (often under two minutes) that shows off a company’s brand, product, or service.
- A great way to share information and help your viewers understand how you can help solve their problems.
- Draws attention to the ‘why’ of your product.
2. Software Demonstrations
- “Product Demo Strategy.”
- Shows off the features of your company’s product.
- Draws attention to the ‘how’ of your product.
3. Tutorial Videos
- “Instructional Videos.”
- It informs, instructs, and directs viewers on how to do a specific task.
- Training Videos
- Makeup Tutorials
- Workout Videos
Why Should You Start Making One?
- They can help inform and educate your audience.
- It shares the value of your offering and convinces your viewers why they can’t live without it.
- It can draw and generate more sales.
- When people can see how your product works, they’re more likely to see the benefits.
- People are better at completing a task when the information is presented via video.
- Help people see the bigger picture behind your static information.