Video quality with custom background

When I select any custom background for a video the quality of how I am outlined is not professional.

I would expect it to be similar to how Microsoft Teams is.

Am I missing something?

I really like how Dubb works but this is a show stopper for me unless I get a resolution.

Thanks

Marvin Baker- VP of Sales & Marketing @ a large company.
330-730-8784

Hi Marvinb92, apologies for the late reply. I would like to confirm if this issue is resolved already. Thanks

@Marvinb92 @naobis I am glad I found this because I was just about to write about this. The quality is HORRIBLE!!! I have a brand new HP desktop and crazy RAM and all the bells and whistles and an amazing camera. It’s so bad. I even tried with a green screen and no better. I literally have to record in Zoom and upload. This really needs to be fixed. We shouldn’t have to switch between programs. PLEASE HELP!

@Marvinb92 @Wright Apologies for the inconvenience.Virtual background is a system-intensive feature that is optimized for computers with these minimum system requirements: i7 dual core CPU, 8GB ram, Mac OS Catalina, Windows 10 64 bit. Please turn your resolution to 360P for optimal video frame rate and resolution.

I have double the RAM, i7, Windows 10 64 bit and more. It always reverts back to lightweight when I have the resources for the high def. All I see is my face and SUPER crazy edging.

This feature works perfect for me in all definitions in Zoom, Google Meet, and StoryExpress and other background programs. This issue is specific to Dubb. I am suprised I don’t see more about this.

I am more than happy to screenshare with support to show them.

I agree - the virtual background on Dubb is useless. I end up recording on other apps and then importing to Dubb when I need want to utilize the other Dubb features. I’m really surprised this hasn’t been improved - it’s kind of an expected feature these days.

And yes, it’s not a computer performance problem as the other apps I have do virtual backgrounds just fine.

1 Like

Hello,
I just signed up with Dubb in the past week and I was wondering if there was a fix for video quality when using a Dubb background.

Voice delay is really bad when recording from my cell phone.

1 Like

Hey Patrick, you are saying there is a video/audio syncing issue on your mobile device when using the virtual background?
What if you do not use the virtual background?

What device type and version are you on?

I have to disagree because performance is different on each device, working well on some, and not so well on others.

Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc, are billion dollar companies that have dedicated many resources to improving its function. If you saw Zoom a few years ago, it was not as good as it is now.

We are doing the best we can!

I recommend the workaround you are doing now, which is the same thing many Dubb users do because they. want to provide additional edits or other changes to their videos before uploading, sharing and tracking

1 Like

We appreciate you guys, and you have a great product! I just would like to see the virtual background improved. I have a pretty high-end desktop specifically built to handle Premiere Pro & After Effects processing, but the Dubb virtual background doesn’t convey the professional appearance / performance I want to present to my prospects & clients.

I totally get it! We are doing our best, and as video technology improves we will be sure to utilize what becomes available!

Deep fakes, augmented video etc is the future!

1 Like